Thursday, March 31, 2011

Birthday Dinner

I was lucky enough to spend my 20th birthday in Milan, Italy. Milan is not really the first city one thinks of when thinking about Italian food but it is know for one dish, Risotto Milanese. Risotto is served all over Italy but Milan has created their own version cooked with saffron. The saffron causes the rice to turn a bright yellow, similar to the yellow color of the rice found in paella. I knew I wanted to eat Risotto Milanese for my birthday dinner. Almost every restaurant in Milan serves the dish so finding it was not difficult. I found a cute restaurant that was filled with Italians, which is always a good sign. The risotto was delicious and the bright yellow color was very striking against the white plate. I also ate fresh mozzarella made in the restaurant and the best tiramisu.








     

1 comment: