Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Real Deal

I have had my fair share of churros in the US and even in France. They have always been covered in cinnamon sugar and slightly doughy. During my recent visit to Spain, my friend, who is studying in Spain, took me to an authentic churro restaurant. I was extremely surprised to learn that the churros I had eaten in the past were South American style and that Spain had it own style of churros. The churros in Spain are not covered in sugar and are served with a cup of thick hot chocolate-like sauce for dipping. The dough is slightly salty and becomes more crispy and airy after being fried. Also churros are only served at certain times during the day. You can eat churros in the morning for breakfast or at 5pm when you wake up from your Siesta. Those are the only options. If you want churros at noon, sorry you can't have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment