Sunday, March 13, 2011

French Cooking Class

Yesterday afternoon, I attended a cooking class at a culinary school in Lyon. I knew I wanted to take a cooking class while I was in France so I could learn French food from a French chef. Ideally, I wanted the class to be taught in English because my French is still at a five year old's level. But all I could find were classes in French so I decided at least I would be able to watch and learn that way instead of listening. Cooking is visual anyways. The class I chose was a macaroon class in which I would learn how to make four different kinds of macaroons. The macaroon itself was stayed the same but the filling inside is what changed. I made salted caramel, white chocolate and ginger, vanilla and Creme de Cassis (black current liqueur), and Champagne and raspberry fillings. The chef was really nice and the kitchen we cooked in was huge with every kind of cooking equipment you could think of. I had a lot of fun and am looking into other classes to take.

Not my best examples but I started eating them before I remembered to take a picture!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment