Thursday, February 24, 2011

Textural Issues

As some as you may know I absolutely love making and eating soup. Soup is a great dish for a college student like myself to make because the ingredients are cheap and you can pretty much put anything, aka leftovers, into it.
I was sad to find out that France does not share my love of soup. It is very hard to find soup in a restaurant and when I did find soup, it was basically a thinner version of pureed vegetable baby food. No chunky vegetables, just watery vegetable particles. I thought I would have better luck at the grocery store finding some soup with texture but that was not the case. I did, however, find an organic soup company that at least puts a lot of herb in their pureed soup so it actually tastes like something.

Of course eating lots of bread and butter with my soup helps it taste better!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment