Sunday, February 13, 2011

Le Sud

It seems to be a trend that I only eat out dinner once a month, sad but true. On Friday, I decided I would partake in my February dinner and enjoy a full three course meal. Taylor, refer to previous posts, suggested we go to a Le Sud, little did she know she had suggested we go to a Paul Bocuse restaurant. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Paul Bocuse, he is a world famous chef who has restaurants throughout Lyon. His most well-know and expensive restaurant is l'Auberge du Pont de Collonges. But recently he opened up a chain of moderately priced (French standards, not American) restaurants, Le Nord, Le Sud, l'Est, and l'Ouest. Each restaurant specializes in a different aspect of French cuisine. Le Sud focused on Mediterranean style food.
I ordered the plat du jour which included a salad with tomatoes and avocados, a tajine (a traditional Moroccan dish) with couscous, golden raisins, dates, veal, and an amazing sauce that used cinnamon and cumin, and, finally, a trio of sorbets lemon, mango, and strawberry. Everything was delicious. I hope to go to the other three restaurants. 





   

No comments:

Post a Comment