Thursday, February 17, 2011

Crème Fraîche Tacos!

I really love Spanish-American food; tacos, enchiladas, and burritos. I'm sure none of these foods are truly authentic but that does not make them taste any less good. This may come as a huge surprise but France has not embraced the Latin foods. After a month of no tortilla chips and salsa, I was beginning to get some serious cravings. Lucky for me, some grocery stores do sell the Old El Paso taco kit. I finally broke down and bought the kit. For those of you who have never purchased the taco kit, it includes tortillas, salsa, and the seasoning mix for the meat. Normally in America, I would also buy cheddar cheese and sour cream because that is my favorite part of tacos. But I am in France and those two items are not sold here. I figured cantal and crème fraîche would have to serve as my French substitutes.
The tacos turned out ok, definitely more French than American. The idea was there and that is all that matters!

1 comment:

  1. A culinary creation. Made with real Salsa. Brilliant colors too.

    ReplyDelete